- Sample Libraries -
Price: $25 USD
(Pick Audio Unit OR 32-bit or 64-bit VSTi)
System Specs for FULL Version:
- At least 1 GB of RAM suggested
- 458 MB of Hard Drive space (Windows)
- 474 MB of Hard Drive space (AU/Mac)
- A Hard Drive of at least 7200 RPM or SSD (VSTi streams from disk)
- Controller/Ctrlr. Kybrd. Recommended
Dan Tranh: Vietnamese Zither
The Dan Tranh is a traditional zither originating from Vietnam. It is considerably longer than its European and American cousins, and is also tuned as a pentatonic instrument. 16-17 metal strings run the length of the instrument with bridges halfway for each string. In traditional performance on this instrument, one hand plucks the strings on one side of these bridges using plectrums (finger-picks) and the other hand bends the pitches of the notes as desired on the other side of the bridges. This allows an incredibly dynamic and unique performance which is very hard to sample and replicate.
- c. 3 octaves of pentatonic (B) and chromatic range, including 4 velocity layers and at least 2xRR on each note.
- "Pentatonic Assist" - If you press a key not in the pentatonic scale when a pentatonic patch is loaded, it will play the closest previous note meaning you can use all white keys if you desire.
- Effects, Muted Plucks (2 Vel. Layers, 2xRR), Sampled RR Tremolo and Vibrato, Full Glissandi (4 speed, 3 VL, 2xRR)